- Uncovering the Timeless Appeal of Why Evening Dresses Will Never Go Out of Style - September 11, 2023
- The Perfect Evening Dress for Weddings: Dos and Don’ts for 2024 - September 11, 2023
- An Overview of Traditional vs Contemporary Evening Dresses - September 11, 2023
No one wants a knock-off product, especially when you’re paying the price for an authentic garment! Some ‘epic prom dress fails’ have recently graced the internet, showing how low quality and laughably bad these fakes can be. The fit and shape is nowhere near the original, the size is usually bizarrely tiny or oversized, and any detail doesn’t seem well crafted. The colors and fabrics are usually all wrong compared to the original.
If you’re shopping for a prom or wedding dress (or anything else), you’ll have saved your money up for this special occasion, and there’s nothing worse than feeling cheated after you’ve made that important purchase. Before you buy, you must ensure your dress is completely authentic. We’ve put together a few ways for you to stay safe as you shop and double-check authenticity if you’ve already made a purchase you’re unsure about.
How to Shop for Authentic Prom Dresses Online
It is a myth that you can’t shop online for a prom dress. Of course, you can. You need to be careful when choosing where you buy from. Be sure you see a photo of the real product if you’re purchasing from a seller off eBay, for example – as many use authentic photos from designer brands and will then ship you the fake they’ve produced themselves.
The best way to shop online for authentic prom dresses is to verify with the designer that it’s an official stockist. If you want to shop for Jovani dresses online, we provide a full list of verified online stores that sell our authentic designs. Therefore, buying from one of these stores is a safe and easy option.
How to Check Authenticity
If you’ve already bought a dress at a boutique and have doubts about its authenticity, there are several ways to confirm that it’s the real deal. Each Jovani retailer has been issued a unique JAC ID. This should be displayed in-store. You can note any retailer’s JAC ID and check it on our authenticity page. If your search results show the store you visited, you can be sure that they are an official retailer. You can also check our full list of retailers, where you can search by country, state, etc. If the store’s name appears here, it is an authentic garment.
If you have a login for our inventory or have downloaded our official Jovani app, you can also search here for your particular dress by bar code. Jovani has innovated a search system for you to quickly and easily find any dress that we have produced. Check the tag of your design and input the bar code numbers into the bar code search system to check that it’s listed as an authentic product.
What to do if You’ve Bought a Fake Dress?
If you’ve already purchased a dress and can’t verify its authenticity, the next step is to report it to the designer. If you have a Jovani garment you suspect is not authentic, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share any information regarding where you purchased the item and why you suspect it is a fake. If your dress is not authentic, you should also report the store or website where it was purchased from.
Quick Tips for Avoiding Fakes
- Check the designer’s site for a list of official, verified online stores when shopping online.
- Check feedback, seller’s details, and photographs carefully when using auction sites, and verify the product is authentic before purchasing or bidding.
- If shopping at a boutique, ask to see their official JAC ID if they stock Jovani collections.
- Examine the quality, fit, and detail of the garment – is it made from the correct fabric, and are the details the same as depicted in any official photos?
- If you are unsure, always verify the authenticity before you buy.
On the lighter side, check out some funny prom dress fails that have gone viral below – so you know exactly what you don’t want to happen!