How to Choose the Best Plus Size Prom Dress For You
No matter what size you are, finding a prom dress that fits like a dream is the most important part of your shopping experience. Any type of formal gown needs to show off your best features and make you feel at your best. If you are plus size, it can often make you feel more limited. There can be less choice in stores or limited designs in your size. This can make the experience more of a struggle than enjoyable.
Thankfully, the entire Jovani collection is available to order up to size 24 US. This opens you up to a full range of pieces in many styles and colors. It also means that girls of all sizes, from petite to plus, can all equally shine and feel beautiful on their prom night. You can have the best time selecting a gown that feels like a true match for you and your body type.
Choosing between so many prom dresses should be a fun experience! All of our retailers are available to help you get a fit that feels as though custom and want you to feel confident and flattered. With that in mind, we’re here to offer our tips for choosing plus size prom dresses.
Keep in mind that no two bodies are the exact same shape. We’re all made to be different! This means that you’ll need to take your time to pick a dress that highlights your curves in the right places. Official boutiques that carry the Jovani collection all have great staff members to help you as you browse through the various designs.
The ultimate decision should be lead by how you feel when you look in the mirror in your chosen dress! Does it make you feel sexy, beautiful and ready to rock down a red carpet? If the answer is three yeses, you’ve found the perfect one!
To help you start your experience picking a plus prom dress, we’re here to offer the best tips to make sure it’s a smooth and fun time for you.
How to Choose Plus Size Prom Dresses
- Book an appointment. No matter what size dress you need, booking an appointment with your local boutique can help you find the right size much easier. Each store knows how the brands they carry fit and can take your measurements to help you select the perfect size. Choosing the right size is important to make sure the dress sits correctly on your body.
- Shop early. The earlier you can get to a prom store, the more choice you’ll have to pick from. Stores get in the bulk of their stock early in the season, so you’ll have the widest range if you shop in the early months of the year. Seeing and trying on more dresses can really help you pick the perfect style for you.
- Flatter your curves. If you have aspects of your shape that you love, don’t be shy to play them up! Craft an hourglass shape by opting for a mermaid style or feel as pretty as a princess by going for a gorgeous A-line ballgown. Make the most of your shape and don’t be afraid to show off a little skin.
- Learn about your shape. The best way to choose a flattering dress is to understand your shape and how to style it. For example, if you want to elongate your legs, pick a high waist or empire waist dress. If you want to create a slimming effect, opt for vertical lines or noticeable pleats that draw the eye down the body.
- Pick a style you’re happy with. Don’t feel forced to pick a dress just because it’s in stock in your size. Take your time to look through the full range online and you can always make an order instead. This frees you up to pick a dress that isn’t just the best of what’s available now, but one that you really love.
- Wear the right underwear and shapewear. What you put underneath the dress is so important and can change how the dress looks on you. Make sure you pick out underwear that fits perfectly, offers the right support and gives you the most flattering silhouette.
Where to Buy Plus Size Prom Dresses
Plus size prom dresses can often be hard to find or track down. Not every store stocks many sizes and this be problematic as you go to try on and select your gown. The best way to find plus size gowns is to look for an official Jovani retailer. These stores and boutiques all offer an ordering service if your favorite isn’t in stock.
You can also search for dresses by using our convenient ‘Find My Dress‘ tool. This shows you a full list of stores that have ordered any style and what sizes they have ordered. This can help you see which boutique has your favorite dress in stock and available in your size.
There are also many ways to use online stores to get your perfect plus size dress. To order online, you first have to be confident of your size, so make sure you know your own measurements or how the dress will fit before you press that order button. As well as considering size, make sure the dress you select is from a site with a great reputation that only carries authentic prom dresses.