Prom is one of the biggest nights of your life, and you want to look your best! That means having a healthy glow and feeling beautiful to let your radiance glow from the inside out. You want to make sure your dress looks amazing as you wear it, and your figure is in beautiful shape.
As the countdown to prom 2020 begins, girls everywhere are on the hunt for the perfect prom night look. Many teen girls usually have a vision of themselves looking beautiful at prom. But it takes more than a beautiful gown and an elaborate updo to shine.
To make your night perfect and feel confident you need to feel good as well as look good. Many women strive to eat healthily and exercise before a special occasion to shed a few pounds. This may include monitoring their calorie intake with a monthly log or going on a diet plan.
The goal is to achieve lean body mass, not to starve or harm your body. You want to eat healthily, boost your energy level and feel your best. You may have a goal weight in mind or just want to eat healthier food that makes you glow.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 easy and healthy diet hacks. Simple to incorporate into your lifestyle to get a flatter belly. Following these suggestions, you’ll walk into that room looking gorgeous and glowing. You can look stunning in your sweet sixteen dress or prom gown by following our easy tips!
Prom Diet Hack #1: Add These Key Things To Your Diet
People often focus so much on what needs to be taken away from a diet. They find following a plan becomes suffocating. They then give up.
Instead of restricting your diet, follow a list of healthy diet must-haves. This ensures more of long-term success with weight loss and weight management.
By focusing on increasing your intake of certain key foods, you will crave the bad things less and less. Watch as your diet shifts toward healthier options while your waistline goes down a size.
Healthy Items To Add To Your Diet:
Aim to drink 100 ounces of water a day to keep your body hydrated and your metabolism running optimally. As little as a 1% reduction in hydration can cause those calories to burn slower. Our tip is to have a 20 oz water bottle on hand throughout the day. Fill it up four times to stay on track.
This one may seem counter-intuitive since you are looking to maintain ideal weight for prom. High quality and unprocessed fats are key for a flat belly and glowing, beautiful skin. Incorporate olive oil, avocado, hemp seeds, chia pudding and walnuts in your diet. This will ensure you benefit from healthy fats in your diet.
Coconut oil is one superfood you’ll want to include in your daily diet plan. One spoonful before breakfast is a sure way to kick your body into ketogenesis (fat-burning mode). This fuels your body with medium-chain fatty acids at the optimal time. Professional athletes incorporate coconut oil into their diets to cut muscle and burn fat.
Make it a goal to incorporate at least one to two servings of vegetables into every meal you eat. By filling your plate with vegetables first, you will stay healthy and lean for the build-up to prom.
For breakfast, incorporate items like tomatoes with eggs, or avocado on whole-grain toast. Be sure to fill your lunch tray with a big salad filled with vegetables and leafy greens. Or pack a sandwich with sliced peppers, avocado and sprouts inside with lean turkey.
Dinners are a great time to load up on grilled or roasted veggies with a healthy piece of protein. Adding in vegetables throughout the day will make you crowd out the unhealthy foods. You may just find that you’ll have to take in your dress!
Prom Diet Hack #2: Go for the Gut
One of the most exciting fields of health research is in the area of the gut microbiome. Your body is teeming with bacteria, both good and bad. The latest studies show just how much of an impact this balance of bacteria can be to your health and weight.
Your goal is to promote the number of good bacteria whilst minimizing the bad. With an end result of losing weight, not feeling bloated, having great skin and feeling great.
Create a Healthy Gut By:
- Adding probiotics to your daily diet (found in both pills and powder)
- Adding fermented foods to your diet that feed and support good bacteria. (kimchi, plain sugar-free yogurt, kefir, to name a few)
- Avoiding sugar – sugar feeds the bad bacteria, causing bloating and breakouts
- Take a daily probiotic and eating at least a few tablespoons of fermented food each day. You will notice a huge difference in your health – especially a flatter tummy and less acne.
Prom Diet Hack #3: Smoothies & Soups Are a Girl’s Best Friend
If you are looking to lose more weight than just a few pounds, try swapping out a few meals with a smoothie or soup. The first rule of weight loss is to never starve yourself by skipping meals.
Keep your metabolism running right by putting metabolic food in to fuel your body. Smoothies and soups provide enough sustenance to keep you feeling energetic. Whilst eliminating the carbohydrates and fats that keep you from your weight loss goals.
Your Smoothie & Soup Must Be:
- Natural from whole foods – no processed junk to slow down your metabolism, please. If there is an ingredient on the label that isn’t seen in the fruit and vegetable aisle of the grocery store, move on.
- Free of added sugar – it is shocking how much extra sugar is in a store-bought soup or smoothie. Smoothies contain natural sugars. The fiber in them lets your body metabolize the sugar slower. Thus, avoiding spikes in blood sugar and calorie storage.
Prom Diet Hack #4: Pack In the Protein
This diet hack is especially relevant if you are trying to lose weight in time to don your dream dress. Our bodies tend to lose muscle mass at a fast pace before we lose the fat we are trying so hard to get rid of. This happens if we are not consuming plenty of protein whilst on a diet.
The general rule of thumb for weight loss is to consume .5 – 1 gram of protein for each pound you weigh. You may find yourself eating more than usual, and still dropping weight in time for prom night. What could be better?
Best Ways To Incorporate Protein Into Your Diet:
- Start the morning off with plenty of high-quality protein. According to body hack guru Tim Ferriss we should have at least 30 grams of protein a day. Consider greek yogurt, around 17 grams of protein per cup. Pumpkin seeds sprinkled into your omelet have a whopping 10 grams for .25 cups,
- Add healthy vegetable protein to your smoothies, like pea protein or whey protein,
- Buy a container of gelatin powder, sounds gross, but it’s completely flavorless. Sprinkle it into just about anything – soup, rice bowls, omelets, tea, smoothies, and salads. One tablespoon contains 6 grams of protein, so adding some into each meal will up your protein intake. Another benefit? Gelatin is amazing for healing the gut and promoting glowing skin.
Prom Diet Hack #5: Choose A Cheat Day and Splurge
This diet hack is perhaps the most counter-intuitive of them all – but it works. Our bodies have developed to respond to calorie restriction by storing fat. This was useful in times of famine when survival was the name of the game. But it is pretty frustrating when you are trying to get down to an ideal weight.
When dieting, you can avoid reaching a weight-loss plateau by choosing one cheat day in the week. This day serves as your ‘metabolism-boosting day’ in which you get to go eat everything you want.
We do not recommend going too overboard that you feel ill. And we do not recommend consuming processed, chemical-laden foods on this cheat day. Visiting your favorite bakery, or grabbing a pizza should be your incorrigible reward.
Just be sure not to let your cheat ‘day’ turn into cheat ‘days’. Whilst doing this one day a week during an otherwise healthy eating schedule is good for weight loss. Doing it on more than one day each week can and will result in weight gain. Cheat sensible, and enjoy eating!