Dressing for your body type is certainly one of the most flattering things you can do for yourself. Loving your body, even if it may not be perfect is the healthiest mindsets that will also boost your appeal and confidence. But how does one learn how to dress their bodies without dreading the process? Well, there are some smart tips and tricks that will certainly help you regardless of your figure. Small, petite, plus size girls, they can all find a dress that compliments their shapes incredibly, especially when it comes to formal dresses, such as those for the biggest event in a teenager’s life: the prom. Below we will teach you how to approach the best this process.
Establish what body type you have
There are six body types and finding which one are you will greatly help you in the process of choosing the perfect prom dress. Busty, the apple-shaped girl, the slender body type, the hourglass body shape, the pear-shaped girl and the petite body type. Depending on which one are you, you will have to choose a prom dress that suits you best.
- The busty body type – girls that fall into this category can call themselves incredibly lucky as this body type is characterized by a generous bust and a narrow hip width, which makes the dress offer for these girls an extensive one. While the bust area is generous, in most of the cases, the waist is not that well-defined. To create a balanced outfit, the wearer must find a dress that emphasizes their best area, the bust, and creates an hourglass shape in the middle section.
- The apple shaped body is gorgeous and charming, the wearer is also able to choose from a wide selection of dresses that will outline their body in the most flattering and appealing way. The slim legs make create the perfect conditions for wearing a short dress, while the relatively undefined waistline will call for a dress in a looser middle section area. Babydoll dresses make a highly suitable choice for this type of girls. Empire waist dresses that are also embellished in the upper section will also draw the attention to the wearer’s face, outlining the beautiful facial traits.
- Slender girls also have the perfect body shape for a variety of dresses, which are designed in a more particular fashion. The long and lean physique of these girls creates the perfect context for fitted dresses that will beautifully outline the figures and shapes of the wearer. Adding curves and dimension to the outfit can be accomplished through a variety of dress styles. Asymmetrical dresses, a belted waist dress or a high slit, will certainly flatter your figure the best.
- The hourglass body type is certainly the luckiest out there, the prom dresses that can be successfully worn by girls with such figures. Curvy and voluminous, this body type looks best when these characteristics are accentuated by plunging necklines, fitted dresses, and well-defined waist-lines. Wrap dresses seem to be the ones that meet all the above requirements, so you might want to consider this option the winning one.
- The pear-shaped body seems to be the luckiest one of the moment, thanks to the celebrities that accentuate their bottom parts with flattering outfits. However, adding volume to the upper part of the body has to be one of the main goals of the prom dresses for this body type. A strapless top will certainly contribute to accomplishing this goal.
- Petite girls can successfully wear dresses that show a little bit of leg, to elongate their figures. Asymmetrical trimmings will also help you appear taller, even if in reality, you are somewhere below 5 feet 3 inches tall. Choose feminine dresses that paired with some high heels will add some height to your body.
- With all the social movements revolving around the “beautiful at every size” concept, 2018 seems to be the perfect year in which you should learn to love and dress the body that you have, to celebrate it and to look your best. And below we have some trendy outfits for your prom night that will certainly help you look your best.
Prom dresses for busty girls that make the spotlight in 2018Some general directions for choosing your dress as a bust girl were presented above. But what you should be wearing in 2018 as a prom attendee, look your best and impress your peers, more exactly? Below are some great suggestions for dresses you may want to consider.
- A two-piece beaded dress – two-piece dresses are a big trend in 2018 and given your body figure, you are the perfect candidate for wearing such a dress. Since these dresses accentuate the middle section of the wearer tremendously, this is the perfect type of dress for busty girls with a less-defined waistline. Also, choosing a dress like this with a voluminous bottom section will add body to that area, balancing beautifully your figure. The upper crop top will emphasize your best area, which is the bust if you go for a beaded upper section. Go for a pair of small earrings, as the dress itself will behave as a stunning piece of jewelry.
- A long, sleeveless dress with an astounding V-neckline – this is the perfect type of dress if you want to create some volume for your lower part as well as accentuate your bust and appealing waistline. The visual balance created this way can be preserved by forgetting to add a necklace and emphasizing your collarbones with some highlighting powder. The effect created will certainly make you feel like a prom queen.
- A flutter-sleeve short dress – while not many of us think of a short dress as a suitable choice for prom, 2018 is defeating prejudices with success, and designers propose such dresses as well. In fact, these dresses (especially lace ones) will create a striking visual effect by emphasizing your long and beautiful legs, and your neckline. Choose a dress with a V-neckline for increased visual appeal.
The best dresses in 2018 for apple-shaped bodies
If you are a fortunate apple-shaped girl, you have plenty of choices when it comes to your prom night.
- Deep V-neckline dress – your typical wide torso will create the needed context if you want to wear a long, tulle dress with a deep, appealing V-neck and skillfully designed straps. These dresses will emphasize your torso while creating a central point of your waistline. Although you may not have a very visible waistline, a dress like this will create the needed shape and form to become easily the start of your prom. By adding some volume to the upper section, these dresses can also put a stunning accent on the wearer’s legs. Choose a dress like this with a deep slit on your legs if you want to emphasize those as well.
- Off-shoulder dress with a slit – amazing and impressive by nature, this type of dress seems to work amazingly for all the girls with an apple-shaped body. The off-shoulder section will create a visual effect that will resemble an hourglass figure, while the high slit will also contribute to balancing the entire outfit.
Slender girls should look for these prom dresses in 2018
Thin, and delicate, these frames call for an exquisite dress that will make heads turn around. These frames look their best when dressed in fitted dresses. The best dresses for your body type that you have to consider for your prom night are the following.