Accessories are a super important part of your look. On many occasions, we forget that with the accessories we can accomplish many fantastic and original combinations. When it comes to trends, fashion, colors, and styles always change, but there are rules that you must take into account to learn how to combine accessories, which is: try to avoid falling into a garment zone that is too simple or too extravagant
The complements provide you with that “special touch”: earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, scarves, scarves, pins, purses and even some hair ornaments. It doesn’t matter if you are a student in the middle of a selection of prom dresses or you are a businesswoman with an extensive calendar of events, you are responsible for choosing each one of your outfits and complete them in a harmonious approach.
In Jovani we teach you to dare to combine accessories happily and differently, and once you have mastered it, these accessories that you use and how you combine them will give you identity and many options to look different every day.
Let’s talk about the color palette
A common mistake when it comes to wearing accessories is to choose elements of all kinds of colors. In the same way that you must select outfits that represent your essence, such as romantic prom dresses or minimalist cocktail dresses, you must embrace your features in order to flatter them with shades and tones. Here are the two primary color parameters:
The cold colors. Like blue, pink, lilac, these tones go well with silver accessories.
The earthy colors. It is the case of the warm ones, olive green, orange, coffee, yellow; These best combine with golden accessories.
The number of colors will depend on your personality, in Jovani we give you permission to mix up to three tones. Here, our expert partners made a list of 6 rules that will be very useful to remember when exploring your wardrobe.
- If you want to wear a garment with v-neck or round, necklaces or long earrings will be spectacular for it.
- Dresses and blouses can be combined with accessories that have stones or crystals. A minimalist dress can become exquisite with a necklace of stones or gems.
- You have to bear in mind that there are accessories for every occasion, for example in the daytime they must be simple accessories, and at night you can pull of sophisticated accessories and more striking details.
- Accessories with pearls are a classic that goes well with everything you put on. They give that casual chic touch to any garment, like prom dresses in mermaid cut. A pearl necklace with a black dress or a pearl bracelet with a white blouse will always be iconic.
- The tone of your skin to choose gold and silver accessories. If you are dark skin silver will be perfect, if instead, you have white skin then gold is your color.
- We recommend analyzing what image you want to project to make a good choice and use of the accessories you’ve selected.
Comfort is always a priority
This extra rule we give you is the most important of them all. It doesn’t matter if what you wear is the best combination of colors, textures, and materials if you don’t feel comfortable in it, look for clothes of your style. If what you like is not fashionable, try to adopt more basic garments with more special or specific ones for your style.
Each girl has its particular style of dress that is built over time; some girls are more classic, others more daring, but you know what you like and what you can’t stand. However, the other side of this advice is that for us at in Jovani we think innovation is a good thing for a person’s style. Trying different things you can bring a wide variety of possibilities when it comes to fashion.
We encourage you to try new things and try to combine them with accessories and clothes that you already have. You can take a look at our varied collections such as prom dresses, evening dresses, as well as the rest of our entries!